Skip to main content

Eternity

The cigarette touches your lips. It’s the gentle, poisonous kiss that we both crave.
A little part of me gets jealous because it’s not my lips touching yours.
A little part of me gets glad because it’s not my lips touching yours.
I grab the half-wrecked and almost done for box of cigarettes and even though I don’t want to smoke, I go out just to be there and watch your deadly dance, as I do mine.
“Can I have a light?”
My voice sounds ragged, tired, sleepless, excited, intoxicated, dreamy…
Your eyes meet mine and I feel like Alice, falling down the Rabbit Hole. That deep indefinable blue-green gaze only you have throws me in a sea so deep, I can never be saved from. I smile gently as I reach for the light in your hand and innocently brush my fingers across your hand. You flinch for a second and your eyes dart to our hands, to the barely-there, barely visible dance of seduction. I lick my lips on a slow, soft motion, as I move the cigarette up to my mouth, then your muscles tense as the filter touches my full pink lips.
You’ve dreamed about them, haven’t you?
I smile at you as I look at you, standing there, all tense, as if about to have an orgasm and I inhale deep and slow. My eyes are closed, but I can swear your eyes are running over my body, imagining how it would feel under you, my legs wrapped around your waist and your chest touching mine. You close your eyes.

Our eyes open. Mine are fixed on your expressionless face and yours – lost somewhere in the distance, thinking about me. I let out a lazy sigh, loud enough for you to hear, but too quiet for the bunch next to us. I expect exactly what you did – shake your head, smile politely and then put out your cigarette and walk away. My quiet chuckle, as you close the door, echoes in your head and you know you will hear it all day. I stay for an inhale more and walk after you, my feet stepping exactly where yours were.
We both pretend like nothing happened, even though we both know our universes collided with such a crash, we will remember it always.
You go down the hall, away from me. Away!
Your friends just arrived and piled around you.
My friends just arrived and piled around me.
You smile, but I can tell from where I stand your smile is fake.
I smile, but you can’t tell from where you stand if my smile is fake.
They joke, you laugh.
They joke, I laugh.
You shake your head and look away after a joke. Away, to the right, to where I stand.
I shake my head and look away after a joke. Away, to the left, to where you stand.
Your eyes meet mine.
You smile.
I sink in them.
I smile.
We both pretend like nothing happened, even though we both know our universes collided with such a crash, we will remember it always. We go on with our lives, with our day and pretend like nothing happened.

You walk in the room and I can see worry on your face as you scan the people. I wonder what bothers you, but then your eyes meet mine and your face lights up. A vague smile runs through your beautiful lips and mine reflect it. You turn yourself away, force yourself away from me.
My friends ask who are you and I pretend you’re no one.
Your friends ask who I am and you pretend I’m no one.

Secret glances, stolen smiles.

The next day you would pass me by and flash a smile at me, to wish me good luck. I smile back.
You go to the other end of the room.
I go to my friends.
Occasionally my eyes will dart to you, to where you stand.
Occasionally your eyes will dart to me, to where I stand.
You look for me in the sea of people. I am your ray of sun in the middle of the night.
I look for you in the sea of people. You are my ray of sun in the middle of the night.
Did you miss me?

You run out of the room and involuntarily, as if I’m drawn to you, I run out right behind you. You hold the door for me and smile.
My hand touches yours, my eyes fixed on yours, my lips reflecting your smile.
“Thank you.”
You nod and wink at me. You go.

I go too. I get lost in the crowd, losing you out of sight.
You disappear, lost in the crowd, losing me out of sight.
I pull a cigarette outside and light it.
“Can I have a light,” a voice behind me says. That voice, I can’t mistake it.
I turn around with the light in my hand. You take it, brushing your fingers over my hand, keeping them for just a second too long.
You smile.
I smile.
“I lost you in the crowd. I’m sorry.”
“I lost you in the crowd as well. It’s okay.”
“Let’s walk.”
“Let’s walk,” I say.

We walk in silence, with nowhere to go, no place to be.
We pass the gardens, parks and people, pretending that they don’t exist.
You’re next to me.
I’m next to you.
That’s all that matters.

Your hand slips gently into mine and your fingers wrap around it.
No words are needed.
We look at each other and even in the dark, I’m lost in your strange blue-green eyes.
No words are needed.
You pull me gently to the side, to a dark island in the middle of the street light.
No words are needed.
We sit on the bench, cleverly hidden in the middle of the island.
No words are needed.
Our fingers intertwined, the grip getting tighter with each breath.
I feel you next to me, all tense, and I feel myself as well – as comfortable as can be. I look at you and smile.
Your fingers slip out of my hand and a little part of me gets jealous because it’s not my hand they touch.
Your fingers brush a strand of hair off my face and a little part of me gets glad because it’s me they touch.
They brush my cheek in the gentle manner of a lover, they stop right there, on my neck and you pull me gently closer.
No words are needed.

Our lips touch in the wildest of dances, both tender and erotic. They cannot get enough of one another and we kiss for an eternity, or more. Our tongues brush against each other, teasing, taunting.
Eternity, or more, flashes by in a second and our lips part.

We look at each other.
No words are needed.

Getting up, I take your hand and pull you back to the light. You walk slow, my hand in yours. No words are needed.

A step, then another and another. Another island of darkness and another eternal kiss.

I slide the key, turn it twice and pull you into the dark flat. You push me to the wall, your lips almost touching mine. I wrap my legs around your waist, I know you thought about it. You carry me to bed and lay me down, my legs still wrapped around you.

The time has stopped.
Eternity is ours.

I rest my head on your chest, as I sink again in your eyes.
You whisper gently in my ear and we kiss again, locking lips for an eternity, or more.

Our deadly dance is complete.

We take our final breaths and stay locked in a kiss forever.

06. – 07.12.2010
Replica

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

"Last night, a stolen, incomplete and early version of X-Men Origins: Wolverine was posted illegally on a website. It was without many effects, had missing and unedited scenes and temporary sound and music. We immediately contacted the appropriate legal authorities and had it removed. We forensically mark our content so we can identify sources that make it available or download it. The source of the initial leak and any subsequent postings will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law – the courts have handed down significant criminal sentences for such acts in the past. The FBI and the MPAA also are actively investigating this crime. We are encouraged by the support of fansites condemning this illegal posting and pointing out that such theft undermines the enormous efforts of the filmmakers and actors, and above all, hurts the fans of the film." Yes, it did leak. Yes, it is a "crappy" version of the movie. Yet fans like me, and I believe I'm not alone out

Българи, къде сте?

Питала съм се този въпрос много през последната година и малко. Все си мислех, че в България има останали българи, които да уважават историята, миналото и изобщо всичко, което България претендира да е. Оказва се, обаче, че повечето от тези хора много отдавна не населяват територията на страната. Самата аз никога не съм била "националистка" до кой знае каква степен, но някак си, мисля, че е абсолютно нормално да обичаш страната, която ти е била/е дом. Нещо като генетично програмираното ти чувство на обич и уважение към родителите. Имам доста близък приятел, който, обратно на мен, е "националист" и донякъде споделям гледните му точки в много отношения. Вярно, той е доста по-краен в действията си - бие се, ходи на активни протести и всички останали неща, на които ние, простите хорица, гледаме с лошо око. Започвам да се питам дали това наистина не е единствения начин да спасим България. Негласно, българите сме роби отново. Роби на простотията, на комплексарщината, на по

The Dark Knight

Once upon a time in the far far away kingdom of Finland, there was a beautiful princess. Everyone were amazed by her voice and she had eyes like the purest mountain stream. All the young men in the kingdom wanted her as a wife, but the princess had a secret only her father knew. She was a he. Time went by and the princess had to get married. His father knew that no man would agree to take his son, so he locked him up in the tallest tower. The king had read many stories of how brave knights saved the princesses from high towers, so he placed a dragon to guard the princess. Word soon spread out across the kingdom and the bravest of knights shined their armor and traded for the best steeds. There was one amongst them that was different. He was a she. She had no experience whatsoever in dealing with dragons, but decided to try her luck just to prove she can be as tough as the men. She rode day and night for 4 days until she reached the tallest tower with the dragon guarding it. She took he