Skip to main content

The Finland Diary

FINLAAAAND! WE'RE HERE TO... UGH... UGH... APOLOGIZE!

So here I am, back from FINLAAAND, safe and sound. I survived the flights, the waiting, THE meeting with my beloved Poets, the drinking with Joni and everything else there was to survive. And it wasn't as cold as people say it is, actually.
A lot of firsts were involved in that trip: my first flight, my first trip to Finland, my first holiday alone, my first meeting with Alev in real life, my first meeting with a band I really love, my first promised interview, my first meeting with Joni from rain diary... and a lot of other firsts I can't recall right now. Truth is, I tried to keep a diary of everything that happened during those days in Helsinki, but I think a lot got lost in the emotions and memories. My pics are still dwelling on my camera, since my laptop is sick and had to go to the doctor, but I promise they will be up as soon as possible.
I'll keep it brief, though I wanted to make a really long entry and describe every minute of how it all went, but instead I will just write a bit about the days we met Poets of the Fall and Joni from rain diary. The first one happened on Sunday, the second on Monday.
I think I had an emotional overdose the moment Marko walked in Carousel cafe with Tiia, Kapu and a tad later Jari. I could barely believe I am actually seeing these guys, that had such an impact on my life. You can only guess what was going on in my head the moment Marko looked at me and asked with a smile on his face if the place next to me is free. Hell, I'd take the chance of one of the two most gorgeous men to sit next to me any time. I'd kill for it.
Thing is, I didn't even flinch when he asked 'Is that place there free?' Maybe it was emotional overload from all the waiting and anticipation I had for this meeting, or maybe it was because I forced myself to be as cool as possible and not freak out in front of the guys and scare them away. Whichever it was, I'm glad I didn't go all hysterical.
'You were probably overwhelmed. I would be,' Stef said. Indeed I was overwhelmed, but more with the chance to be asked by him where I'm from, to see him draw and all the other little things that happened that I do not recall and maybe nevere will recall.

'It's the little things, little things, little things that make the world...'

Indeed a lot of little things made that day unforgettable. I have to say a very huge and special thank you first to the guys for being such sweethearts, to Kapu and Jari in particular for taking such a great interest in my poster and signing it. Same goes for Jaska and Marko, not only for signing it, but also for making me feel special in a way with that promised interview. I really hope they liked that little special gift that I had to give them.
Then huge thanks to Tiia for being so thoughtful and bringing those posters and taking all those gorgeous pictures... especially the so-longed-for December pic. I love you, Tiia. ^^
Last, but not least, thanks to Stef for making this possible for me and everyone else who made that week in Helsinki the best time of my life so far. I love you all, guys, famous or not. ;)

The next chapter of my Finland trip was the meet with Joni.
I never even imagined that some day I will be at this really cool bar (Loose, just for the record), drinking beers with Joni, listening to songs that probably only they and a selected few have ever heard. And yet, there I was, with the Hoegaarden glass in front of me, sipping from it, with Joni next to me, listening to By The Water and In Silence. A huge honor for me, to trust me with hearing the raw mix of the songs. <3 We also had a talk on the band's future and I made a promise to throw a good word for them here and there, and though drunk, I will keep that promise, darlings. It was a real pleasure to meet you, get drunk with you and share all that time and beer. Thank you.

All in all, this trip was really the best time of my life so far. I met up with one of my greatest influences ever, met up with Joni, with lots of far away friends, made lots of new ones... I will never forget all you did for me during that week, guys. I love you all and I hope that we can do this again some time soon.

10.08.2009
Poets-loving, reminiscent, wanting to be in bar Loose with Joni again Replica

Comments

Anonymous said…
Айде да те офертирам да пускаш скоро и дайри-то :) Всичко, каквото можеш да напишеш за тогава е добре дошло :)ще чета със захлас;)
Найни:Р

Popular posts from this blog

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

"Last night, a stolen, incomplete and early version of X-Men Origins: Wolverine was posted illegally on a website. It was without many effects, had missing and unedited scenes and temporary sound and music. We immediately contacted the appropriate legal authorities and had it removed. We forensically mark our content so we can identify sources that make it available or download it. The source of the initial leak and any subsequent postings will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law – the courts have handed down significant criminal sentences for such acts in the past. The FBI and the MPAA also are actively investigating this crime. We are encouraged by the support of fansites condemning this illegal posting and pointing out that such theft undermines the enormous efforts of the filmmakers and actors, and above all, hurts the fans of the film." Yes, it did leak. Yes, it is a "crappy" version of the movie. Yet fans like me, and I believe I'm not alone out

Българи, къде сте?

Питала съм се този въпрос много през последната година и малко. Все си мислех, че в България има останали българи, които да уважават историята, миналото и изобщо всичко, което България претендира да е. Оказва се, обаче, че повечето от тези хора много отдавна не населяват територията на страната. Самата аз никога не съм била "националистка" до кой знае каква степен, но някак си, мисля, че е абсолютно нормално да обичаш страната, която ти е била/е дом. Нещо като генетично програмираното ти чувство на обич и уважение към родителите. Имам доста близък приятел, който, обратно на мен, е "националист" и донякъде споделям гледните му точки в много отношения. Вярно, той е доста по-краен в действията си - бие се, ходи на активни протести и всички останали неща, на които ние, простите хорица, гледаме с лошо око. Започвам да се питам дали това наистина не е единствения начин да спасим България. Негласно, българите сме роби отново. Роби на простотията, на комплексарщината, на по

The Dark Knight

Once upon a time in the far far away kingdom of Finland, there was a beautiful princess. Everyone were amazed by her voice and she had eyes like the purest mountain stream. All the young men in the kingdom wanted her as a wife, but the princess had a secret only her father knew. She was a he. Time went by and the princess had to get married. His father knew that no man would agree to take his son, so he locked him up in the tallest tower. The king had read many stories of how brave knights saved the princesses from high towers, so he placed a dragon to guard the princess. Word soon spread out across the kingdom and the bravest of knights shined their armor and traded for the best steeds. There was one amongst them that was different. He was a she. She had no experience whatsoever in dealing with dragons, but decided to try her luck just to prove she can be as tough as the men. She rode day and night for 4 days until she reached the tallest tower with the dragon guarding it. She took he