Skip to main content

In Black and White

Let’s play a game of chess. Like friends do. You play the black, for I know you like that color. For you it’s the color of death, the color in which our relationship was painted right from the start. I will play white. For I was always the ray of light that tried to turn the darkness into twilight.
I will set the board. King takes here, Queen goes there, the pawns in the front, my defences are built. Let’s start, shall we? You move first.

Slowly, one by one, my pawns fall just like my defences fell so long ago. A few of yours fell too, but very few. I keep going. I move my knights to protect my King, my heart, from you, for I feel you too close. You take them down. As you will take all my rooks and the bishops and finally reach where you were aiming – the King. Go ahead, take it. I give it to you freely.

Now that you got it, what will you do with it? It will not fit your black set, for it is too different. I will not change it’s color, for it’s too stubborn. It will just be there, to protect you and be beautiful by your side.
You tried to fit that piece in, but you couldn’t, so you threw it away. It broke in pieces and by accident I saw it there, lying on the ground and picked the pieces up. I recognized my King and put it back together. I know I will ask you to play a game of chess with me again, so I keep it.

And here we are, playing the same game of chess. You’re aiming for my King. I won’t give up that easy now. My King is fragile than before and defences around him are tougher than before.
Keep your pieces on your black squares and I’ll keep mine on my white ones.

16.10.2008
Replica

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

"Last night, a stolen, incomplete and early version of X-Men Origins: Wolverine was posted illegally on a website. It was without many effects, had missing and unedited scenes and temporary sound and music. We immediately contacted the appropriate legal authorities and had it removed. We forensically mark our content so we can identify sources that make it available or download it. The source of the initial leak and any subsequent postings will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law – the courts have handed down significant criminal sentences for such acts in the past. The FBI and the MPAA also are actively investigating this crime. We are encouraged by the support of fansites condemning this illegal posting and pointing out that such theft undermines the enormous efforts of the filmmakers and actors, and above all, hurts the fans of the film." Yes, it did leak. Yes, it is a "crappy" version of the movie. Yet fans like me, and I believe I'm not alone out

Българи, къде сте?

Питала съм се този въпрос много през последната година и малко. Все си мислех, че в България има останали българи, които да уважават историята, миналото и изобщо всичко, което България претендира да е. Оказва се, обаче, че повечето от тези хора много отдавна не населяват територията на страната. Самата аз никога не съм била "националистка" до кой знае каква степен, но някак си, мисля, че е абсолютно нормално да обичаш страната, която ти е била/е дом. Нещо като генетично програмираното ти чувство на обич и уважение към родителите. Имам доста близък приятел, който, обратно на мен, е "националист" и донякъде споделям гледните му точки в много отношения. Вярно, той е доста по-краен в действията си - бие се, ходи на активни протести и всички останали неща, на които ние, простите хорица, гледаме с лошо око. Започвам да се питам дали това наистина не е единствения начин да спасим България. Негласно, българите сме роби отново. Роби на простотията, на комплексарщината, на по

The Dark Knight

Once upon a time in the far far away kingdom of Finland, there was a beautiful princess. Everyone were amazed by her voice and she had eyes like the purest mountain stream. All the young men in the kingdom wanted her as a wife, but the princess had a secret only her father knew. She was a he. Time went by and the princess had to get married. His father knew that no man would agree to take his son, so he locked him up in the tallest tower. The king had read many stories of how brave knights saved the princesses from high towers, so he placed a dragon to guard the princess. Word soon spread out across the kingdom and the bravest of knights shined their armor and traded for the best steeds. There was one amongst them that was different. He was a she. She had no experience whatsoever in dealing with dragons, but decided to try her luck just to prove she can be as tough as the men. She rode day and night for 4 days until she reached the tallest tower with the dragon guarding it. She took he